- God is Trinitarian, consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- God is the creator of all things, spitirual and physical
- Humanity's sin permanently separated it from God, and can't bridge the gap by their own efforts
- God came to Earth in the person of Jesus Christ, who is both fully God and fully man
- Jesus Christ was conceived of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and died as a sacrifice to cover humanity's sin
- Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven, affirming His authority to forgive humanity's sin and grant all who believe in Him eternal life
- The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God
- All believers have the Holy Spirit living within them, giving them the will to live as Jesus had
- Jesus will one day return to defeat sin forever and reunite Heaven and Earth
History[edit | edit source]
Origin[edit | edit source]
Spread[edit | edit source]
Although the religion was illegal under Roman rule, the Disciples of Jesus became Apostles and evangelists after the Ascension of Jesus Christ and spread the Christian faith to all corners of the empire where it remained an underground religion until Emperor Constantine converted to Christianity and started the process of Christianization within the Roman Empire.
Council of Chalcedon[edit | edit source]
In the council of Chalcedon (451) the heads of the churches around the old world came together to discuss various topics related to spreading the Word and theological concepts.
Great Schism[edit | edit source]
Relations[edit | edit source]
Friends[edit | edit source]
- Creationism - 1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Humanism - 28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
- Monotheism - 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
- Altruism, Communitarian Theory- 5Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Pacifism - 5and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”
Frenemies[edit | edit source]
- Gnosticism - Whoever wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. But the Creator is good.
- Mysticism - Maybe?
- Judaism - You killed Christ after all he did for you, but if it weren't for you I wouldn't exist.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Polytheism - 3You shall have no other gods before me.
- Other Religions - 6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Hedonism - 14The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.
- Satanism - 8Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
- Flat Earth Theory - 22 He sits enthroned above the , and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.